So it’s a new year and with a new year comes all the posts and articles on the new 2014 trends. I’m not a huge fan of trends as you will be much happier, much longer with a classic space done in your favourite colours rather than a trend driven vision.
BUT having said that, you can do some trends, as long as you actually like them, in either big, medium or small ways. For this exercise we will use Pantone’s colour of the year, Radiant Orchid. I must admit, I’m not a huge fan of this shade of purple but you can substitute any colour that you want to incorporate into your neutral space.
1. Throw pillows or a throw on a neutral chair, sofa or bed.
2. Paint the walls, I know, I know this is a commitment, however, it is only a can of paint and some labour and you can change it up when you are tired of it.
3. Again, like #2, only if you really love the colour, invest in a small piece of upholstery, such as an occasional chair or ottoman.
4. Small touches such as picture frames, candles or vases are the perfect way to bring in a spot of colour.
5. For an extremely easy and quick way to change up your space, use flowers as your hit of colour.
*Special thank you to Michelle of Permanent Petals for the use of her beautiful floral design photo
So will you be injecting colour into your space and if so, will it be Radiant Orchid?
Maureen says: “I’m not a trend follower either Lisa, and Radiant Orchid was not a favourite of mine, but the more I see it applied, the more I like it…in small doses”