I just tried making these Protein Power Balls, after I saw them being made on the Marilyn Denis Show. And they are just as yummy as they sounded and apparently, quite healthy.
They satisfied my sweet tooth and together with a nice cup of tea were a great little mid afternoon snack. They are also recommended for a quick on the go breakfast and I’m thinking they would be perfect for the “home from school snack” for the kiddies.
Here’s the recipe.
- 1 cup nut butter (I used peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp raw organic honey
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs (found these at Bulk Barn)
- 1 cup mixed dry fruit (ie. dates, apricots, raisins)
- 2 cups oats (I used Steel Cut Oats for even more crunch)
- 2 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
Mix all ingredients together in a food processor and then form into small balls. Keep in fridge or freezer. Enjoy!
Donna says: “Ummmm … Yummy!!! Don’t see how these would last longer than a day or two in this house – even if they ARE frozen!”