I came across this little gem while surfing the web recently. This blog called Gourmande in the Kitchen authored by Sylvie Shirazi photographer and food lover is filled with mouth watering recipies and an incredible amount of EYE CANDY photography. What caught my eye originally is this Summer Cocktail that is dessert that doubles as a cocktail…SECONDS PLEASE!!
- 1 ½ cups/280g frozen raspberries
- 1 can (20 oz/565g) can of lychees packed in their own juices
- A few drops of rosewater
- Purée the raspberries with the lychees and their juices in a high speed blender or food processor until smooth.
- Scrape the purée through a fine sieve into a bowl; pressing to discard the seeds.
- Stir a couple drops of rosewater into the raspberry/lychee purée and pour into ice cream maker.
- Freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions until set, about 25-30 minutes.
- Transfer the sorbet to a plastic container and freeze until completely set and firm, about 1 hour.
- To make the floats: Place a small scoop of the sorbet into a glass.
- Slowly pour the Champagne over the sorbet. Garnish each glass with fresh raspberries, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan, Vegetarian
Diet tags: Gluten free, Dairy-free